New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Angelino's Cafe

The UCLA campus has a lot of kids who like pizza, so naturally there are a lot of pizza joints to fill their mouths. There is a little area called Westwood Village just south of the campus, where you can find many college aged kids, thus many pizza places, including Enzo's, Lamonica's and D'Amore's. I hit them all up at once. After Italian Express, I went to another small unknown place called Angelino's. Known on google as La Subs & Pizza.

The store front looks like a fancy Italian restaurant. However, inside it is anything but. It is just a counter and a few tables. With 2 older gentlemen inside, one doing the cooking and the other doing the sit down and relax job. I was told they were not going to be there long, the business was going to relocate to Pasadena.
They have 2 sizes. Medium and mini. Thats the sizes, medium which was only 10 inches and mini which was get this, 4 inches. Bite sized almost. So I got the 10 inch for 9$. A bit pricy for the size. They asked me if I wanted cheese or Margherita, I was confused by the question they said basil comes on the margherita, I like basil so thats what I got. There was a lot of it.
Despite the amount of basil on top it wasn't that strong a flavor. The cheese was a huge part of it. Tons and tons of cheese. It was a good tasting creamy cheese but just too much for me. Amazingly with all the cheese you could still taste the sauce, which wasn't all that bad. The crust though was no good. It was just soft and dough, it had zero texture wasn't chewy or crispy. Just cooked, floppy, soggy dough. It looks like it was made with a lot of care, which I respect, the crust was braided together nicely. But it just wasn't that good.

For other pizza in this area click here

*VIDEO COMING SOON

Angelino's Cafe - 310-443-1918
10874 Kinross Ave.
Westwood, CA 90024
Open:
Mon-Fri 11am-9pm Sat: 11:30-7:30 Sunday: Closed
Price: $
Overall:

Angelino's in Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza