New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, February 9, 2009

Slices

Slices is a pretty cool place on Ventura Blvd. down in Sherman Oaks.  I was told it was great NY style pizza, so I went to check it out.  It was pouring rain, one of the few times it does this around here.  So I stuck around and ate the pizza there.  This place just opened not too long ago and they have a legitimate NY pie to contend with.  

 
As you can see I ordered a medium cheese pizza, which is 16 inches and the large is a generous 20 inches.  Even more generous is the price, a 20 inch pizza is only 17 dollars.  The price fits, because this is pizza at its most basic.  A very simple pie.  The sauce was good, the cheese was good, and the crust was good, none of it was wow ! thats the best thing I've ever eaten.  It wasn't overly spiced up, it didn't have a crazy crust or weird cheese.  Just your basic pizza, but basic at its best.  The crust as you can see is very thin, from the center to the edge, the same consistency throughout.  It tasted like good fresh dough.  It wasn't as crispy as it could have been but it had a crunch.  The sauce and cheese are used sparingly to match the thin crust.  They don't over do it.  
I can see maybe, people not liking this, because it's almost too simple and it takes more slices to fill you up because of the thin crust and light sauce and cheese.  
But I have to say, the ingredients were fresh and tasted good and  it was cooked very well.  Maybe not what I expected, but I was satisfied at the end.  I recommend it. 
I thought how can something so simple, something I feel like I could cook at home in my own oven, be so good.  But thats pizza.  It doesn't need to be extravagant.  It is just cheese, sauce and bread after all.  If this pizza was a few dollars more I wouldn't bother, but its not.  
I don't know how this pizza would hold up when delivered or after some time passed and it cooled down.  But when eaten fresh and hot, it tastes good and it satisfies.  
They have lots of other pie options there, any topping you could want.  Also a pretty good meatball and chicken wing.  (not to be eaten together of course) 

Slices -15136 Ventura Blvd.   Sherman Oaks
Price: $
Overall:

Slices New York Pizza on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I was waiting for you to go here! For months I passed by and saw it being built, then I saw it open but have had no time to pop in for a slice.

    I was hoping you'd get around to doing a review so I'd know if it was was worth my trouble and my mula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this moment I want to eat pizza because it's my favorite food, those images got me so hungry, if I can't going there at least I'll prepare it at home, I'd like to know which is the secret to prepare a delicious pizza like that.m10m

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza