New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lamonicas Pizza



I'll cut right to the chase on this pizza, since I don't have much of a story to tell.  Although it is a fun place with the paintings of subways and New York signs and posters from subways in NY, the whole place even kind of looks like a underground station.  This LA pizza joint reps NY in a big way.  Not just the subways but the NY slice of pizza too.  

  
So the pizza, it is very delicious.  I would recommend it, however there is another place nearby that I have yet to try D'Amores or something, that I hear is good.  So maybe not the best I'll give you an update.
 
Anyway, I enjoyed it, I'd enjoy it more if they didn't claim to be a NY slice of pizza straight out of the subways.  Everything is just a little thicker and heavier.  The sauce is a heavier sweet sauce.  The crust is a little thicker than it could be, plus it uses a lot of butter in the dough or something.  It has a very rich buttery flavor.  With the heavy sauce and cheese and the oil that drips out the back, the crust is too much to handle.  It was crispy I'll give it that.  The texture actually was pretty good, although seemed a little pre made, or at least thats the way it looked.  Certainly not the best pizza I've had, but I'd be happy to have them cater my birthday party.  Which I don't think they do, I was just dreaming...

Lamonica's Pizza  1066 Gayley Ave. Westwood, CA
Price: $
Overall:
Lamonica's New York Pizza on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't recommend D'Amores if you didn't like Lamonicas. If you're really adventurous and want to try mind-bendingly bad pizza in the same area, try Italian Express on Lindbrook and Tiverton a few blocks away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to give this place another try, but next time order the x-large pizza. The texture is completely different, and the crust is thinner than the large.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza