New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

W Love Pizza & Cafe

I tried to eat at a place today called Pizza Hop.  I wasn't looking forward to it but I was doing it anyway, for you pizza lovers.  Of course they closed and another pizza joint opened up.  If you thought Pizza Hop was a bad name, figure this one out.


W Love Pizza.  I thought thats what she said to me over the phone, and when I got there to pick up the pizza, I heard right.  After I saw the heart then I thought I figured it out.  We love pizza.  Nope that wasn't it.  With, it was With Love Pizza.  They make everything with love there, she tells me in a sweet voice.  The girl working there was very sweet indeed, and there was another woman in the back doing more of the cooking, maybe the mother.  That was it, 2 woman - lots of pizza.  I tried to take a picture of them, but no go, they don't like freaks taking pictures of pizza.  

Stupid name, but anyway, I got there early so I watched my pizza go through the little oven conveyor belt they have.  I ordered a large half cheese half mushroom/pepperoni - I was splitting it with a friend of mine from work, it was 15 inches and about 16 dollars with the toppings. 
She told me it was healthy, cooked with organic oil and fresh ingredients.  I've heard this speech before.  Surprisingly enough she seemed to be right.  The ingredients tasted pretty good and looked to be fresh, my friend gave a thumbs up on the mushrooms.  The sauce was a thick tomato gravy but tasted pretty good and fresh.  The cheese also tasted fresh and not mixed with other weird cheeses that don't belong.  
I had 2 major problems with the pizza however, one it was very heavy.  It just had a ton of sauce which was on the thick side anyway and a lot of cheese too.  It was just too much.  The second of course was the crust.  The definition of crust is some kind of hard, tough texture covering the outside of say a pizza or Earth.  By that definition it didn't really have a crust.  It had what was supposed to be a crust.  Unfortunately it was of the soft, mushy and bready variety.  I know it's surprising when you look at it, but it just wasn't crispy in any way.   
So unfortunately because of that, I can't pass this pizza.  Luckily for the pizza place we aren't in school  - so that statement doesn't mean anything.   

W Love Pizza - 11300 Magnolia Blvd NOHO
Price: $$
Overall:
Pizza Hop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza