New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pizza Mayven

In the heart of the Jewish community is a place called Pizza Mayven, which serves completely kosher foods.  You can get pizzas, calzones, pastas, and even Mexican food all blessed by the Rabbi. It was a funny looking place, very hidden from the street with plastic chairs and folding tables.  It looked like an indoor concession stand at a high school football game.  They don’t serve any meat on the pizzas, so its only variations of veggie topping.   I got a medium cheese pizza, which was 13 dollars.

  
The pizza looked especially good, but the taste was not on par with the looks. The crust was well cooked and crispy, but was too thick and dense. The cheese was good, it had a lightly browned top but the sauce was a little chunky and dry, and there wasn’t enough of it.  It was a lot better than my expectations however, for some reason I just didn’t like the sound of kosher pizza.  I would like to go back however, because it seems like to me, that they must have something that is really good, maybe it’s the veggie burrito.  But for now I’ll skip the pizza here and move on. 
I actually just found a link that has more than 10 kosher pizza joints.  So I guess I have some work to do.  Jewish Pizza... Oy... 

Pizza Mayven - 140 N. La Brea 90036
Price: $$
Overall:


Pizza Mayven on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. try their cheese blintzes, no matter how badly my stomach hurts due to my lactose intolerant system, I have to have them every time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pizza looks really nice... my parameter to "like" or "not like" a pizza is always the cheese on it... It needs to have lots of cheese you know! WEll., that one over there looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza