New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, March 30, 2009

Michelangelo Ristorante

"Perhaps I should not even waste my time with places that don't specialize in pizza..."


I don't know why it is, but Italian Restaurants don't usually have great pizza.  This of course is from my experience ordering pizza from Italian restaurants which have been few, but that is what I have found.  I guess pizza, for as simple as it is, takes a wealth of knowledge to be able to do it right.  Is it possible that spinach and ricotta ravioli or an antipasti salad are easier to make than a pizza?  

Anyway, I guess there is no surprise here that I was not impressed with Michelangelo's pizza.  Perhaps I should not even waste my time with places that don't specialize in pizza, like my girlfriend Kelly would tell me. 

I don't think it is fair to judge the rest of the food like I judged the pizza.  So for all I know the other food is to die for, I have heard.  However I will say this, if you go there do not order the pizza, not because the pizza is horrible ('cause its not) but because the other dishes should be better and if they are not better than the pizza, then nobody should be going there at all.  
So with that I'm not even going to bother breaking down the pizza.  It was almost $12 for a 16 inch which is pretty good.  Other than that is was just so average.  It was very thin and chewy and I ate the whole thing so not too filling.  Lots of basil as you can see.  
The bottom line, don't go there for the pizza.  If you need any more reasons why, here is the biggest one of all, Nicky D's is next door.  Right next door.  This is not the best pizza in L.A. as some people say, but it is really good.  So there you go, thats all you need to know about the pizza at Michelangelo's.  Buona Sera !

Michelangelo Ristorante - 2427 Rowena Ave. 90039
Price: $
Overall:

Michelangelo on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. now a new atraction, Guilherme, the pianist, great music !

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza