New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Grove: A Tale of 2 Pizzas

This weekend I visited the farmers market at The Grove.  I have heard good things about their pizza and I know there is a large collection of other great foods.  The first place I went was Patsy's D'Amore's Pizza.  I got one slice which was 3.50, a little pricey but the large cheese pizza was 15 I believe, so not too ridiculous.  The taste was great.  The sauce was just perfectly on the sweet side.  Had a good amount of spices and flavor.  Good cheese to sauce ratio.  The crust was thin and a touch crispy.  The end was a little doughy on the inside but not too much.  It wasn't anything crazy just a simple slice of pizza.   It is something I would order again - just a whole pizza next time.  


On the other end of the Farmers Market is Deano's Gourmet Pizza.  This place advertises a different kind of pizza, gourmet pizza.  I don't think anyone knows what gourmet pizza is.  I would say gourmet pizza is pizza trying to be something other than what it is.  This is a place that sells regular pizza and try to pass it off as pizza it is not.  Of course they do have other "gourmet" kinds of pizza you could say, like the Pesto, Spinach, Garlic, Shrimp pizza.  But I got a slice of cheese, not "gourmet".  The crust was interesting, it had a twisted style to it like a pretzel stick at the end.  This made the crust a little airy and a good mix between doughy and crispy.  The sauce was good, like Patsy's a sweet sauce.  The cheese however was everywhere.  Way too much of it.  I love cheese don't get me wrong but enough is enough.  When the pizza cooled down the cheese solidified a little and became a stretchy mat of greasy cheese.  As bad as that may sound the pizza overall wasn't bad.  However if I get pizza at the Grove again I'm going to Patsy's.  The price was very similar to Patsy's although the medium pizza I got was a little on the small side.  

Patsy D'Amore's Pizza - The Grove - 3rd St. / Farifax Ave.
Price: $$ 1/2
Overall:


Deano's gourmet Pizza - The Grove - 3rd St. / Farifax Ave. 
Price: $$1/2
Overall:


Patsy D'Amore's Pizza in Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza