New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Marchello's Pizza

I headed down Pico blvd. towards many of the pizza joints between La Brea and the 405.  The first was Marchello's.  It had a unique name and based on that I thought it might be a hidden gem.  Of course when I got there the look of it brought my expectations back down.  Plus the fact that I got 2 for the price of one was not encouraging.  It is a great deal 14 dollars for two 14 inch pizzas.  Although that was the last thing I needed.     



I have to say I was pleasantly surprised after all that.  Not to say the pizza was good.  But for what I thought I was getting and for the price, it wasn't terrible.  The crust was thick and doughy, but very well cooked, being crispy on the bottom and on the edge.  The sauce and cheese were not as heavy as it might have seemed.  The flavor of the sauce wasn't all that bad either.  Overall it was still a heavy, thick and greasy pizza.  But it was cooked well and had a good taste, so for 7 dollars I suppose it beats Domino's.  

Here is a video of my expedition, if you dare.  
Check out Part 2 and Part 3

Marchello's Pizza - 5937 W Pico Blvd 90035
Price: ¢
Overall: 


Marchello's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza