New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Angelino Express Pizzeria

Today I left the office to pick up a pizza, which I was sharing with a fellow co-worker.  She recommended Angelino’s.  The place looked like a typical pizzeria.  Small place with red and white checkered table cloths, the smell of pizza filled the restaurant.  The pizza is fairly cheap, $13 for a 16’’ large.  I got a large cheese.  The first thing I noticed was the crust, it was extremely well done on the bottom, very crispy, and had slight black charred taste.  The crust was thin and just a little chewy.  The outer edge was a little dense and over-cooked, however it still tasted good.  The sauce and cheese worked perfectly together, the sauce had a light subtle flavor.  It was not overly flavored in fact it didn’t really have much in the way of spices at all. The first half of the slice tasted great a little oily, crispy, and delicious. As you got past the half way point however the amount of sauce dropped considerably.  The pizza started to become a little dry, and the edge like I said was dry and crunchy.  I am being overly critical perhaps, if this was in my area I would order it again, for sure.  


Angelino Express Pizzeria -4384 Lankershim Blvd. 91602
Price: $
Overall:

Sorry there weren't any pictures this time
Angelino Pizzeria Express on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza