New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Danielle's Wood Fire Pizza


Today for lunch I ventured deeper into the valley to Valley Village.  Not that deep I know.  There is a small place hidden in a strip mall, as most places around around here.  This place however you really can't see from the road. They have however, have a wood fired oven, which is what brought me here.  There was a lovely lady working the counter that convinced me I'd love the pizza.  She was nice enough to let me take pictures as well.  I ordered a large 18 inch pizza and it was 15 dollars.  On half of it I ordered sausage and green peppers.  Boy was there a lot of toppings.   


The pizza was just average unfortunately.  It looked pretty good.  The first thing I noticed as you can see, there was a whole lot of toppings.  The peppers were thick chunks and the sausage were bog round slices.  They covered the whole half a pizza completely.  So this was all too much for me, and it made it very difficult to eat a slice.  The cheese slice on the other hand:  The first bite was a taste explosion of a very heavily spiced sauce.  It was a thick tomato paste with lots of flavor.  The cheese was pretty typical, there was a good amount of it compared to the sauce.  Very oily though.  The crust was pretty crispy from the high heat the wood puts out.  At first I liked the crust it had pretty good flavor, although not as much smokey flavor as I was hoping.  As the pizza started to cool off however the crust became very tough.  It was a dense crust and very chewy.  I guess this experience goes to show that just because it has a wood fired oven doesn't mean its going to be amazing pizza.  But I give it credit for having one anyway.

Danielle's Wood Fire Pizza - 4822 Laurel Canyon Blvd Valley Village 91607
Price: $$
Overall:

1 comment:

  1. It's a very good pizza new york style the crust is excellent and taste is delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza