New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, August 17, 2009

Romans Pizza

Well I didn't take a picture of the front of Roman's but I have to say it is pretty typical. It is a small place in a strip mall that cooks everything from Mexican food to cheese steaks and pizza too. What is their specialty, I have no idea. The guy who runs the place said the cheese steaks were really good but of course thats after I mentioned I had an interest in them. He was really trying to sell me on his place, I don't blame him. He was running it all by himself and he really believed in everything he cooked. Which I appreciate.

I have to add, I was looking at other reviews of this place on Urban Spoon which you can click on below and Yelp. They are really good reviews for this place saying that the pizza is the best in town, the cheese steaks are to die for, and frankly everything on their menu is good, from their tacos to their burgers that taste like In N Out's. I can't believe any of this, I read these reviews and it makes me feel like I am missing something. I can only judge the pizza, but how can one man cook so many different types of foods and make them all taste great. I guess it just goes to show there are fans of everything out there. It baffles me is all, I would think there would be one person who says its bad, but its pretty unanimous. Anyway, to the pizza.

I ordered a large cheese pizza, it was 14 inches for about 12 dollars. Though they have a special where you can get a 16 inch for $12.
I wanted to like it because the guy really liked it. It wasn't the worst I've had but it wasn't good either. The cheese was fine, kind of burnt and not too fresh tasting. The sauce was a thicker marinara sauce. The main problem was the crust. It was the wrong consistency and taste. it was kind of sweet and doughy but kind of a dense, chewy dough. I can't really explain it, I'm not a baker but whatever it was, it was not the crust I was looking for, it was not thin, not crispy and not good really at all. Sorry roman, but pizza just isn't your thing.

240 N Virgil Ave LA 90004
213-386-9099
Price: $
Overall:

Roman's Pizza on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I disagree with this "pizza critic." First of all, we have a loyal customer base for 25 years that enjoy the pizza "as is." You should not question the integrity of our diverse menu without tasting all the dishes we serve. My only advice is to specify the preference of your pizza when you order it; which you did not. Our pizza dough and sauce is made fresh daily. What culinary experience/background do you have to put food establishments down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Mr Roman, I am glad you have a loyal fan base. It shows people have very different tastes from each other. It is great that your pizza is made fresh of course this does not mean it will be good. I wish I had known I could order it special to my liking, though I don't think it would have been too different. Im glad you are successful making all these great dishes. I am just one man with one opinion. I have no experience or culinary background, I just know what I like and this was not it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a delicious pizza so I think that some other ingredients are missing in that pizza, actually I can't see ingredients on the pizza I just can see red sauce.m10m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, i would like to read more information about this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza