New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, May 4, 2009

My Kind of Pizza

My favorite kind of pizza starts with a NYC style base.
I like the crust thin and crispy but not like a cracker. With a little doughiness to it, and pliable without breaking.
I love cheese, but the sauce is my favorite part. I like a sweet sauce that is very mildly spiced and has a light consistency.
The cheese needs to be fresh and 100% whole milk mozzarella. There can't be too much. Otherwise the sauce flavors are smothered.
I prefer plain cheese pizza, no toppings. Of course if I do get toppings it is either green peppers, or sausage, or both. Sometimes jalapenos.


This is the pizza I look for when I search L.A. far and wide. My ratings are based around this type of pizza. If I give something an average rating it is not necessarily bad, it is just not quite the type of pizza I was looking for. Everyone has their own opinion of pizza. Every city has their own versions. The idea is for you to read my reviews knowing what kind of pizza I was looking for and form your own opinion that will decide whether to try the pizza or not.

So I hope my guide steers you in the right direction. Good luck and enjoy.



3 comments:

  1. You are my pizza diving rod for Los Angeles. Please set up a link, grouping your reviews by your star rating, like 4 and 4 1/2 star places; 3 star places; 2 star places, etc., then I can more easily map out my pizza adventures.
    Thanks for turning me on to Folliero's in Highland Park. I would never have found them without you. Delish pizza, great for the fam, & easy on the wallet. Bless you Pizza Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant divining rod. Must be the Syrah inhibiting my typing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s arduous to seek out knowledgeable people on this matter, but you sound like you already know what you’re talking about! Thanks.

    Parma Pizza Landisville PA

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza