FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spark Wood fire Grill

Spark Wood Fire Grill is more of a restaurant that uses a wood fire grill/oven.  Since it is convenient, with the wood fire and all, they specialize in pizza.  It is kind of a nice low key fancy place.  That has kind of upscale food, but not too expensive.  


The pizza fits right in.  The crust was nice and thin and had a doughy edge.  Of course it was under cooked.  Not crispy enough.  The strange thing was the taste.  I couldn't figure it out at first, and I am still not sure, but it tasted slightly like sourdough, interesting.  There was, as you can see a ton of basil.  I love basil, but really it was a bit much.  The cheese was cheese, actually the cheese was pretty decent except there was a little too much.  Maybe it wasn't so much cheese as it was the lack of sauce.  I'd like to say what I thought of the sauce but I couldn't really taste it that much.  I know it looks as if there is a sufficient amount, but there really wasn't a lot on 70 percent of the pie.  
  
This pizza had potential but some key things were off.  If you went out expecting a nice dinner and decided to get pizza, you wouldn't be disappointed, however if you want a pizza and decide to eat one here you are going to miss NY.  And so another 3 rating it is. 

Spark Wood Fire Grill - 11801 Ventura Blvd.  Studio City 91604
(there are 3 locations)
Price: 12$ (cheese) for a 14 inch 
Overall:
Spark Woodfire Grill on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I don’t know If I said it already but …I’m so glad I found this site…Keep up the good work I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say great blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To start with I would like to congratulate the cradores of this blog, mainly because when I read it I enjoyed it very much. A few years ago I attended a conference called guanacaste costa rica real estate, at that conference had many interesting topics. Perhaps readers may find no relationship between the blog and this conference, but if someday can attend, would realize that there is much to do with this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza