New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pagliacci's

On my way back from work I picked up from a place called Pagliacci's.  This place is in what you could call the heart of Studio City,  it might not be much of a heart, but it's there.  It is a pretty cool place, with ice cream that looked pretty tempting.  I got a large cheese pizza instead.  It was 13 dollars for a 16''.  I was very impressed by the way it looked.


There were nice big crust bubbles all over.  A good looking cheese and a crispy crust.  I have to say it was a pretty good pizza as well.  It had some flavor too it, lots of spices.  The sauce and cheese were in a good balance.  The crust was not as crispy as I had hoped but it still tasted pretty good.  Overall this pizza wasn't anything extraordinary.  It just used some good ingredients to make a fine pizza.  Which is all I can ask for in these parts.  I enjoyed it and I would get it again.  I actually felt like, this would be a pizza you would get in N.Y.  Not a great pizza however, in N.Y. this would only be an average pizza, but it could fit in.  It was more traditional in this sense.  Here in L.A. it is above average.  
By the way there is clown drummer on their menu kind of funny.  Which, if you may know is referring to the name Pagliacci, which means clowns roughly.  It was the name of a famous Italian opera.  The internet is a wonderful thing.  
Pagliacci's - 3990 Vantage Ave. Studio City, CA 91604
Price: $$
Overall:
Pagliaccis Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I found this pizza lacked flavor and is very average to say the least. It looks like it would be good based on looks but once you taste the bland sauce it's just crust and cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza