New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Johnnie's New York Pizzeria

 Lately I have been noticing that most pizza places have a slogan to go with their name, which alone is a interesting fact, what other non-franchise restaurants do this.  In most slogans, the words "New York" are involved or "best pizza".  The funny thing about Johnnie's is they have New York right in their name.  Johnnies New York Pizzeria .

What a perfect name; Johnnie, somewhat Italian, New York, the place where they do it the best, and Pizzeria, a fancy word for a place that makes pizza.  A place I reviewed awhile back was called Hollywood Express Pizza, this might be the worst name, their slogan should be: "Who cares about pizza, it's all the same."
Anyway, Johnnies knows what it's doing when it comes to marketing and it also claims to have a little secret.  The crust is made from filtered water, so as to imitate New York water. Apparently a good crust is made out of the perfect water.  I don't know how important that is, but every little bit can help; it certainly gets people talking about Johnnies.  

 This is some what of a chain.  They have them all over Southern California. Most of you pizza lovers have probably been to one at some point. They have a great lunch special: salad, garlic rolls, soda and a pizza or pasta for 8 bucks.   I took a business lunch there today and got the personal size cheese pizza lunch special.  I like to say business lunch makes me feel like I wasn't just eating pizza.  Now I don’t know if the personal pizzas are made differently from the larger traditional sizes, but the small pizza was not as good as I remembered the larger pizzas.  Not to say it was bad.  I did enjoy it.  The sauce was very good, a little sweet and it had some nice spices in it as well. The cheese was a little on the light side, but that’s better than on the heavy side, personally.  The crust had a good taste to it but didn’t quite have the right texture. It was a little chewy and not as crispy as I’d hoped it would be. A large 16 inch pizza is about 15 dollars, which isn’t too bad, and the lunch special is hard to beat. This wasn’t the best pizza I have had so far but I can’t say it was bad, and large I believe is even better. 

Price: $$ 
Overall:
Johnnie's New York Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This place is the worst pizza, you have absolutely no taste, if you think this is even plateatable, it is a major chain that does not compare, it is a higher priced Pizza Hut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worst Pizza ? I'm guessing you haven't had that much pizza. You want the worst pizza, check out the review for Angelinos Pizza Restaurant. Johnnies, I have to disagree, is not the worst by any means.
    Either way I try to write my reviews so you can form your own opinion about it. I don't ask you to agree with me.
    For instance, now that you know I like johnnies you can make a better assessment as to what else is out there, based on my reviews.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza