I have not seen or eaten at all the pizza joints in LA by a long shot, however I feel I have seen enough to make fun of their names. Here are some of my favorites and some of the worst. Yeah I'm bored, so what.
10 Best Names:10. Asparagus Pizza-While not the best name for a pizza place, definitely original. I'll give them props for trying
9. Joe Peeps-The best Italian nickname, it's simple, it sticks and it sounds authentic.
8. Joe's Pizza-This is simpler. I'll show respect to a simple common name like Joe being able to stand out in NYC, land of pizza. I guess the pizza must be that good.
7. Big Mama's and Papa's Pizzeria-I like that this place has not only big mamas but also big papas. With a 36 inch pizza their name has a message.
6. Bambino's Pizza-The great Bambino. Babe ruth was not Italian but the word is, I like it.
5. Pagliacci's Pizzeria-The name is an interesting one. Has a good ring too it and has a good mascot to boot, a clown. Plus an interesting history lesson behind it, if you like Italian opera.
4. Hard Times Pizza-This is another one that makes you think. Not so much in the way of Italian, but pizza was a food that came out of hard economic times I suppose. With the buffalo nickel as their logo it gets a little more specific about the hard times they are referring to. It is simple and different.
3. Guido's Pizza-I originally thought this was just a funny stereotypical name for Italians. Thats why it is number 3. But I've learned it is actually a given Italian name. I've never met a Guido. So now it's not that great. I still think most people view Guido as a stereotypical Italian so I'm leaving it.
2. Pizza Mayven-Speaking of stereotypes, can you guess what kind of pizza this is. Kosher pizza. I love this name, it says so much, plus its fun to say.
1. Pizza Per Tutti-ok, this is so good it's bad. It almost made the worst name list but instead it's number one on the best. I don't know what they were thinking, I dont know anything about it, but it might be the funniest pizza joint name ever. Where ever you are Tutti, this is for you.
(Other notable names)
Lucifer's - not as much the name as their whole devil theme. It is, "Damned good pizza."
The Coop - this is a good name for anything
3. Hollywood Pizzeria Express-Express and Hollywood are two words you don't want to see in a name selling pizza. Terrible name, and the pizza follows suit.
2. Prizzi's Piazza-This is just too damn confusing. I had to stare at it for a long time to convince myself that neither of these words said pizza. The person whos name looks like the word pizza also decided to pair that up with another Italian word that looks like pizza. Good work, what, they sell Thai food? I wouldn't be surprised.
1. W Love Pizza and Cafe-This tires me out. There is a little heart on the sign and a big 'W'. We Love Pizza ? Right ? Nope, With love Pizza. Either way, stupid. Hey at least it's a cafe too. The place before it was called Pizza Hop, it makes that sound good.
Luckily names don't matter much in the world of pizza. Pizza could be called asparagus and it would still be good, oh wait, it was.