New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Frankie & Johnnies

It took me a while to get to this place.  It is on the sunset strip just past the Whiskey a Go Go. The parking is terrible and the traffic is even worse.  They said the wait would be 30 minutes, it took me about that to get there and then I drove around for 15 minutes trying to find a place to leave my car.  I finally settled for a broken meter, which translates into a ticket.  I ran in got my pizza took a picture and left, ticket free.

 
Luckily the pizza was still warm, and after I finally had a moment to reflect on it, I thought it was pretty good.  The cheese had a great taste to it, lightly browned on the top and a lot of orangey oil dripping from the end, but not too much.  The sauce had good flavor too, but was not over powering.  It could have been a little more noticeable.  The crust was crispy and thin, but the texture was a little tough and dry.  
This is a common occurrence with the crust.  I guess that N.Y. water theory might be right. 
The crust not being perfect was still better than others in the area, and overall I would say I enjoyed the pizza.  They have a lot of different topping options, of course they will run you up to 20 dollars, but it is a generous 18 inches.  The cheese pizza is 15 dollars, while not cheap it is worth it.     
This place delivers
This place has 3 locations

Frankie & Johnnies - 8947 W. Sunset Blvd.  90069
Price: $$
Overall:
 

Frankie & Johnnie's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza