New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rocco's Pizza

This is a small place on Wilshire Blvd. that seems to do most of its business from deliveries.  I picked up a large cheese pizza since I was in the area.  I ate all but 2 slices in the car on the way home.  It was pretty delicious.  Good amounts of sauce and cheese that were both well done.  The sauce was rich with good flavor and spices.  The crust was crunch on the bottom and puffy at the end, with a good doughy center.  The one problem I had was the crust being a little on the thick side.  It was a thin crust pizza but if I must nitpick it had a little too much crust especially at the end.  It tasted good and I wanted to eat it all but the cornicione (thats the end or lip of the crust) was just too doughy to finish.  For future reference if I eat all my crusts thats a good sign its a good crust.  


Rocco's - 6335 Wilshire Blvd / 812 N. Vermont Ave
Price: $$
Overall:
Rocco's Pizza on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed, John - I had no idea you had such a sophisticated palate. :) Let me know if you visit the place you recommended around the corner from my apt. on Ventura & Van Nuys and I'll grab a slice with you. See you at work soon.

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza