New York Slice Transplant

FIND A PIZZA


View Find the Pizzeria nearest to you. in a larger map

Monday, September 15, 2008

Shout Out to Foodies

I just want to give a little prelude to a blog posting on Joe's Pizza.  

I recently got together with some fellow food bloggers, I know it sounds nerdy.  I never considered myself a foodie, as they call them, but yet there I was with a table of 10 people talking about food.  It was a discussion about food blogs, more so, then the food itself.  There is a new, up and coming web site, called Food Digger, that offers info and reviews on all food places in LA, also NY and San Fran.  Similar to Chowhound or Yelp or UrbanSpoon there are a lot of them.  This one seems different.  It seems more specialized and detailed about food and taste, rather than just a yellow pages listings of food.  Anyway, check it out, it is new so there aren't too many reviews yet, but you can help with that.  FoodDigger.com  
Also I'd like to give a shout to the other blogs that were part of this little food blog meeting.  They are all well versed in food, and I would take their opinions any day.  

We were eating sushi as we were discussing the secrets of the world.  A great place, called Jinpachi in West Hollywood.  If you like sushi, its good.  I'm not too into it but I had my first sea urchin roll, which was very interesting to say the least.  I'm sure you can read some blogs about it on the above web sites.  I'd blog about it but there wasn't any pizza.  
Anyway, long story short (not sure if there was ever a story) I got called out that I had never been to Joe's Pizza.  The only legit NY pizza in LA and if I want to be a legit pizza blogger I needed to try it.  This of course I knew, I just hadn't gotten around to it.  This made me realize that I was being to organized with my selections of places, I was wasting time with places I knew would be bad, when I should get right to the good pies, then catch the others later.  Anyway a couple days later I went to Joe's.  You can read that in my next blog.  

Check out FoodDigger.com and the other blogs if you have the time, 
and remember friends always eat pizza, because everything else is just fancy food.      

1 comment:

Pizza Video Reviews

Find Your Local Pizza:

Pizza name or zip code

LA Pizza